1. What is the gender balance?
We will attempt to get an even gender balance and if the balance is anything more extreme than 40-60 we will sadly have to cancel the event (any payments received will of course be refunded).
2. What is the age range?
We suggest that participants are aged between 25-45.
3. What do I need to bring for the adventures?
- Sturdy trainers or hiking boots
- Waterproof jacket and over trousers (you never know in the mountains!)
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Mountain bike
- Puncture repair kit
- Water bottle
- Trainers or cycling shoes
- Day pack
- N.B. Hire of bikes is available on request
- Bathing suit
- Wetsuit, neoprene booties (available if you don’t have them)
- SUPPLIED for you: Helmet, splash jacket, paddle, lifejacket
4. What else do I need to bring?
Appropriate outdoor adventure clothes. Saturday night is a slightly smarter dinning experience; we recommend that you bring something a bit nicer to wear!
5. How fit do I need to be?
All of the activities require a reasonable level of general fitness: i.e. no couch-potatoes please!
6. I have a medical condition – can I still take part?
For your own safety and protection we need to know if you have a pre-existing medical condition of some kind, whether its asthma or a recent sports injury. It is highly unlikely that your condition will limit your ability to take part, but we need to ensure that we can cater for your needs if required.
7. What kind of people come?
Great people like you! The kind of people who are interested in outdoor activities and who like trying something new.
8. Do you offer singles breaks for more than a weekend?
Not yet – please let us know if you would be interested in longer breaks and we will see what we can arrange!
9. I’d like to bring a friend – is this possible?
Yes. We encourage you to bring a friend if you can. If you would like to share a room (each room has two queen beds) then we can offer each of you $100 off the price of the weekend!
If you are keen to come with more than two friends we would very much like to cater for you, however we would arrange for you to come together on a separate weekend (not with a singles group). Please contact: email@example.com for more information.
10. How can I view the photos taken on the weekend?
We have a Facebook group (NONSTOP Fernie) and a Flickr page where we post all of our photos and we encourage you to do the same. (Please see our Terms and Conditions for more information on the usage of imagery.)
11. How do I contact someone after our time in Fernie?
Hopefully you will be able to exchange contact details during the weekend. If not, please use Facebook to contact any friends you made.